Monday, December 21, 2009

What will we do without you John Curley?

This is going to be a painful week I think. I'm only 3 hours into the workweek and I'm bored out of my mind. Don't be surprised if it leads to many posts...

I went shopping on Saturday. What a scene. I took the bus out to Northgate. As I said to a friend earlier, "hyper-consumerism is draining and down right nauseating". Everywhere people were swarming. Everyone seemed to be completely lost in a sea of retail. The one saving grace was that I didn't have to listen to the sounds associated with the frenzy. I started the scene with a little Of Montreal, but that was too hectic and I switched it up to Kid A. Treefingers was perfect. After about 3 hours I'd had enough. I wasn't done, but any longer and I might have committed a felony. Should be able to get the rest wrapped up (pun intended) tonight...

I want to thank everyone for coming out on Friday. I had a great time...

New Year is coming up. A post up on Daruma-san got me thinking about goals for 2010. I commented a couple. Might have to elaborate for a post next week. We'll see...

I have no idea what I'm doing for the New Years holiday. It's a full moon that night, so I'm a bit concerned. NYE is always insane and I'm sure that the lunar cycle is just going to fuel the fire. Maybe I'll just sit at home and do puzzles. SCRATCH THAT!!! I know what I'm doing. Just forgot. Whatever happens I know that I am going to miss John Curley and his festive antics...




Mad props to RJS for hooking me up with the "strike" knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment