Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sailor take warning

As I slept I was back at my old house. I went out the front door, that some would call the back door, and walked over to the small hill that led to the back yard. I stood about halfway down the slope when I heard the sound of a chain saw to the north. One of the largest trees in the area began to shake. I screamed, "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!" People came running out. None of them my family, but they were there nonetheless.

A few moments later this massive tree began to fall in our direction. It crashed right through the house, it's tip nearly hitting us. I looked furiously to find out who had cut the tree down with no avail. If I'd found them I'd probably have killed them.

I went back to the house and the whole scene had changed, except the presence of the tree. Many of my coworkers were there. I went up to our HR lady who was lying in bed doing a puzzle. She told me that they were going to have to move my desk down into the basement due to tree damage. She wasn't able to show me where my new workstation was because she was injured in the crash.

I walked down the stairs, which were very treacherous due to collateral damage. I found my office had been set up underneath the stair case. As soon as I sat down to evaluate the situation my phone rang.

It was a customer of mine from Skagit county. She was furious and kept insisting that I was intentionally sabotaging their business. I tried to subdue her anger but that only seemed to fuel the fire. I finally told her that if I'm that horrible at taking her orders it's probably best that she speak with someone else with our company. She insisted that wasn't an option. I told her to call another company. Again that wasn't an option. Completely drained from the whole conversation I finally got her to agree to my calling her back after I "looked into" it more.

I quickly hit the "do not disturb" button on my phone and finally had a chance to take in my surroundings. About ten feet away, near what looked to be a furnace, was a few bean bag chairs, an old television and a Nintendo 64. I pulled up a bag and started to riffle through the games. They were all in disarray so I started to arrange them in a way that all of their titles were visible. Our warehouse manager showed up out of nowhere. "There's no point in organizing those. The kids will just come down and tear it apart again." "Kids?" I said. "Ha, you act like you're new here or something." He then went up the stairs.

I decided to go up and talk to HR again. As I walked into her office, the master bedroom, our sales manager was there putting away a puzzle that she had constructed on the bed sheets. "We're sending this back. There isn't enough Magenta." "I think it looks fine," she said. He point to the piece in the center of the puzzle, "you see this color?" The piece he pointed to was noticably different than the others. "This is the color that it should be. It's going back. Hey [Desomniac]". My alarm went off. I was lying in bed. From my bed I can see out the window to the east. The sky had a color that made it appear to be bleeding. It was the exact color of the "correct" puzzle piece. I turned over and hit the snooze. I'm still not ready for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment