Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Legislative Session, Tea Party and a free Cascadia

It's that time of year again for the government to start tackling a whole new years worth of problems. And with the new session comes all the crazy things that people dream up, most of which are dismissed as soon as they're mentioned. However some that are dismissed really deserve a little more thought.

Now this may seem a bit out of character but there's some ideas the newly founded "Tea Party" is coming up with in the state legislative session than I like. Namely that they're trying to get HB2712 pushed through. I guess this is because while I'm very liberal in my politics I also am a secessionist at heart. I'm all for stopping Washington state's money from heading across the country.

Problem that they (Tea Partiers) are missing is that Washington state (and the Cascadia region as a whole) is dominated by liberal ideology when it comes to governance nowadays and I don't think that would change if we were recognized as an independent nation. Hell, we might even get more socially progressive with our government programs since: we wouldn't be sending so much of our hard earned money off to fight wars in the middle east, we wouldn't be spending our funds for projects that don't directly effect our area, and we wouldn't be financially responsible for the mess that has been created with the national debt.

Now I'm just rambling. Either way, FREE CASCADIA NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment