Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Afternoon story time

I can't think of anything to blog about so I'm going to tell you the story of what happened to me the other night...

I walked out of the airport, but it wasn't Sea-tac. If anything it reminded me most of the airport in Baltimore, however it was located in Boulevard Park. The time was 3 am and all of the transportation options were hours away, including taxi cabs. Unsure of what to do I decided to start walking up to White Center.

I was walking up 128th when the 2x4ster rolled up beside me towing a small boat. I hopped in his ride and we drove from some time. I remember the drive, but none of it was familiar so I have no frame of reference with which to describe it, other than it was very forested and seemed to be on the Olympic peninsula.

We arrived at a house on a lake and unloaded the boat by the shore. For some time we scurried about making all the necessary preparation to go out on the water. I went into the house to grab something and found NESF and Raybies eating breakfast at in a kitchen that seemed newly remodled. The light was dim as they sat in ultra modern stools and shoveled oatmeal into their mouths. They seemed to have no concern for manners or cleanliness as they continued to pile loads of oatmeal onto their already over filled tongues. They noticed my presence but didn't stop eating. We spoke briefly but I was so disgusted with their appearance that I had to leave.

I went searching for whatever it was I was there to get but got sidetracked playing wii. I played for a while before I remembered what I was supposed to be doing. I ran to the window to see that NESF, Raybies and the 2x4ster were already out on the water. Enraged I stole the 2x4ster's car and drove back to the city.

As I was getting into downtown I saw my sister walking and picked her up. We decided to grab some food in the Intl Dist. Driving around the ID was more like driving around China Town in San Francisco only all the roads ended in steep cliffs that dropped off without warning.

We parked outside a small Vietnamese deli and headed in. There were people everywhere. I picked up a sandwich, a couple mini rolls of sushi and a spring roll. I went up to the cash register to pay and the woman told me my total was over $50. I insisted that she had to be wrong and she starts to read back my order which includes various high priced pieces of sashimi. I spread out the items I was trying to purchase and tell her this is all. She is set that I owe much more.

Suddenly a young professional type comes up and explains that they must be charging me for part of his order. On the register display he shows the woman a variety of color images that he had ordered. She refused to change anything. I was standing between the man and the woman as I looked over at my sister pointing to her wrist and then walking right out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment