Monday, January 11, 2010

But logic broke...

On Saturday, after I got back from my sisters, I went to Half Priced Books in the District with NESF. We took the bus there and bummed about the store for a while. As we were leaving we just barely missed a bus. Instead of just waiting for the next we decided to walk for a while. We crossed I-5 and started the trek through Wallingford. It was a great winter day that seemed more like spring. As we closed in on the old Hollywood video a strange encounter fell upon us. With out any warning a man appeared behind us, as if he had just materialized there. He was a short man, wearing a black leather coat with a waist band and a black hat. As he moved forward he decided to pass right between us, his gaze constantly focused on me. For some time he stared directly at me. I felt vulnerable like he was about to attack me when he spoke, "Sorry, you look like someone I haven't seen in a very long time." "Oh," was all I could think to say. As he sped off ahead of us I could still see his eyes staring at me. Neither myself nor NESF could figure it out at first and then it came to us. Time Traveler. We were encountered by a man taught free of the future. I'm still not sure what his mission was, but I think it was very clear that he was supposed to initiate that interaction. It was so nice outside that we continued walking all the way back to Ballard.

No comments:

Post a Comment