Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm kind of bored with Halloween.

That being said, there are some things that I still really enjoy doing. Like going to pumpkin patch. I went with my sister last weekend. It's kind of becoming a tradition. We go to the place at the bottom of Orillia Road in Kent. It was pretty picked over this year, we went a little late in the year, but that didn't deter my enjoyment. There's something about tromping through the pumpkin patch with the tractors all about and the huge field of corn on one side that just solidifies the fact that fall has come.

After the patch (I was covered in mud) we headed up to my sisters place where she made an amazing dinner and we watched some football. Then we carved the pumpkins. I'm kind of a pumpkin master. This year I attempted to do Brittany Spears face on a pumpkin. I think I did a pretty good job. I took the pumpkin to the bar and gave it to PMRob for his birthday. People were a bit confused about whose face was on the pumpkin, for some reason most people thought it was Jesus, go figure. I guess I'm just glad that everyone agreed it looked like a person. Next year I might have to get a little more ambition and ditch the stencil and try to do something off the top of my head. We'll see.

As for Halloween itself I'm kind of bored with it. Halloween parties have never really done it for me. I'd rather sit at home and watch a bunch of Treehouse of Horrors than parade around like some kind of ghoul. Maybe that will change next year, but this year I'm skipping Halloween.

For all of you who are going out, be safe. Halloween seems to be a blank check for mayhem to some people. Don't get caught up in their shenanigans.



I should also add that my sister caught a great pic of me in the corn. Oh how I love corn. It kind of pissed me off though. They didn't harvest any of the corn! It was all just left of the stalk and wasted away in the field. Now I understand that the standard way of harvesting the corn would be to level the field, but there has to be some way to harvest the grain while still keeping the stalks around for the maze. It just frustrates me to see perfectly good corn go to waste. If nothing else call up a food bank and see if they have volunteers that would want to pick it. Nonetheless, great pic of me in the corn, even if my hair is a little chaotic...

No comments:

Post a Comment