Monday, October 19, 2009

Drowning in the atmosphere

This weekend was a bit out of control...

Friday night was Grizzly Bear with MNom and NESF. Great time. We went to Contour for happy hour. Good times had by all. Then the rain. Oh the rain! It was torrential. We weren't going far but in order to avoid getting completely drenched we took two buses and still had to make a mad dash from awning to awning in order to avoid being drowned by the atmosphere. The show was amazing though. I was pleased that everyone remained seated for the majority of the show. As NESF put it, "What are people going to do if they stand? Sway?" I got manhandled by the chick that was sitting behind us ("CHEERLEADER!!!!") at the show but I had a few too many drinks to play the scene in my favor and she was gone before the show ended. I also caused a little bit of scene on the bus ride home. Luckily I decided NOT to go to another bar and just call it a night. The last thing that I needed was another drink...



Saturday I got a bunch of stuff done. Had breakfast with PMRob and then went to Goodwill, liquor store and Fred Meyers. Did some prep work for the housewarming gathering. All in all the event went well. Definitely gave me an idea of what to expect if I have another gathering at the new place. More than anything else I was lacking chairs. Thanks to everyone for coming!...

Sunday was disappointing. I woke up to find the Hawks down 14 points and the game had hardly started. It was ridiculous. They couldn't get anything going for them and Lofa went out with a season ending injury. I guess I'm going to have to be a Broncos fan this year...

Many of you have already got your ballots in the mail so I think now is the time to give you my "quick" two-cents about some key issues this year:

If you follow this regularly you know that the most important vote that you can place this year is to APPROVE REF 71. Previous rant here.

I-1033 deserves to be rejected. If for no other reason than it's Tim Eyman. However there are many other reasons. It would lead to funding cuts in K-12, higher education, elderly services and much much more.

King County Executive should be Dow Constantine. His record speaks for itself that he is the man who supports KC values.

I'm not sure if I've said it here before but McGinn for Mayor here in Seattle. I know that I've said it here which also includes a list of places that you can drop off your ballots.

Don't wait till November 3rd to mail your ballot. DO IT NOW!!! I still haven't received mine though, I might have to go to the elections office and cause a scene, but I'll give them a couple more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment