Thursday, July 23, 2009

The saint nobody has heard of

I'm going to live. Turns out the pain in my foot is most likely a result of having broken my foot and then redistributing my weight more to the left foot. I don't know. I just want to be able to walk...

I dreamed I was on the Island last night. I'm not sure what was happening there. I was on a table. People were all around me working. I don't remember anything else. Maybe I shouldn't watch Lost right before I go to sleep. But it's so good I can't stop myself...

There is a line in an Of Montreal song that I think about often. "And through many dreadful nights / I lay praying to a saint that nobody has heard of." I feel this way a lot. I've been thinking more about the intricacies of the divine lately. I haven't come to any new conclusions. I just want an undeniable truth, but the more I search the more blurred it all becomes. I guess it just means that I have more to learn. With every frustration, every misguided attempt, every error or success, I just have to remember that I'm getting closer to finding my absolute. I have to believe that if it were easy it wouldn't be as rewarding...

No comments:

Post a Comment