Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sometimes things just hang around

I showed up for work 10 minutes early, as usual. I decided to turn my phone on 5 minutes early and the first phone call I got was a guy bitchin' about how I wasn't at my desk. What do these people expect from me? For me to just sit in the office my whole life waiting for their call about some stupid little part to a lock that they aren't even sure if it's broken or not?! Then to top it off while I'm screwing around with that guy I get three messages from people all complaining about how they can't get a hold of me. This is really turning into a bullshit gig. I need a vacation. 17 more days...

I woke up this morning and the box on my porch was still there. I don't know why, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be. When I got home last night I notice a cat laying underneath a van across from my house. I figured it was just sleeping and went about my business. An hour later it was still there and hadn't moved at all. A good number of neighbors were out and about so I asked them what was up. They all knew that the cat was dead, but didn't do anything about it. I got a box and a shovel. It's kind of sad, but it had to be done. I'm just not sure why it had to be me. Maybe it makes me a better person, probably not. The city is coming to pick it up later today...

There is a rose hanging from a peg board on my desk. It's been there for almost a year. I got it as part of a gift to commemorate my five year anniversary here. I find it depressing but for some reason never take it down. Hanging next to it is a hospital bracelet from when I was having severe chest pains. I don't know why I leave that up either...

No comments:

Post a Comment