Sunday, July 5, 2009

Presidents analyst

So I'm getting that some of you are a little confused by this post originally. Yesterday I spent the whole day just outside of Poulsbo in a little house that over looks the canal. Sarah was over from Kennewick and since it's been almost a year I felt I needed to drop in over there. The ferry was interesting. As we were waiting to leave the dock in Seattle there was an announcement over the intercom, "We're sorry for the delay. We seem to be taking on a fair amount of water. We will leave as soon as possible." We left 2 minutes later. I love ferries. Well maybe it's more that I love the water. Once I got to Bainbridge Sarah met me at the terminal. The reason that she's over from the Tri Cities is because her mother, one of my favorite people, is getting married this coming Saturday! When we arrived at the house John (fiance) and her mom (Kathy) were just getting back from church. It was great to see them. I also finally got to meet Duane (Sarah's man) which was good. I've talked with him on the phone for year (he's a customer) but had never met him. We sat around on the back porch all day drinking beers and rambling about politics, fireworks, and living on a farm. Every time Duane started to say something it began, "You know I was raised on a farm". Kathy kept making fun of him. We all made fun of him. After about 11 hours I left to go back to the ferry. I must have had a couple more beers that I thought because I realized as I was boarding the boat that I was drunk. I stumbled into the walls a couple times. Coming back into Seattle was amazing. It was just after sunset and light still clung to the horizon just enough to illuminate the buildings as we approached. The hills of West Seattle and Magnolia seemed as if they were giant arms of the city reaching out to embrace us as we entered the bay. I got home a little later that I expected, but in the end I think it was worth it.

Oh yeah. John told me I'm supposed to watch this movie from the 60s called "The Presidents Analyst". I've got it in my netflix now.

There was also a short point in the morning that I had a Mohawk. I might have to grow one out. I kinda liked it, it was just hard to do the rest of my head and leave it when I was solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment