Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Indecision

I am horribly indecisive right now. This whole moving thing is making me crazy. I want to find a place that I can settle in for a long while so I don't have to do it again. That leads to all kinds of questions.

My first thought was to move to Ballard. It's a great neighborhood with pretty much anything I could need nearby, except work. A good number of my friends live out there and it would be nice to be closer but I'm starting to question it. It'd be a little far for my family and being as I've never lived there personally I'm not sure if it's right for me. I've spent a fair amount of time there and enjoy it but living there is very different than visiting.

I have another friend who would love to have me rent the bottom unit in his house. The house seems great, actually better than great. However I'm not a huge fan of the neighborhood. It's really close to work, but I don't think thats a big enough issue to sell me on the idea.

I've thought about Belltown and the more I think about it the more I like the idea. But I also get the feeling that the area would grate on me over time and I'd end up hating it and then end up moving sooner than I'd like to.

More and more of late I've been thinking about my first love in Seattle, West Seattle. It's a little remote but still has good bus access. The biggest down side would be living at the whim of the bridge again. However I did it for many years and it never got too bad.

I just hate this process, as I've said many times now. The one thing that I want more than anything is a place where I get to see the water again. Even if it's just during my commute. I've missed it more than anything else. Maybe that's why West Seattle always seemed to be my place in the city, its surrounded by water. And maybe I'm just thinking of it nostalgically, like one remembers a first love, and would only find going back that everything I loved about it has changed. But how could this ever change...

No comments:

Post a Comment