Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In limbo, Ballardians, and the upcoming CCC

Well it's about time for a little more serious post. We'll see how this works out...

I moved, but I don't really fell like I've moved yet. I still have to finish up cleaning down at Lucile St. I think once that is completed I'll feel like I've actually moved. Right now it seems more like I'm in limbo. Should be all wrapped up tomorrow though...

The new place is great. I'm now a Ballardian. Well I'm told that I'm a Ballardite, but I like Ballardian better. It's a pretty sweet little spot. Upper floor in a smaller building. All the neighbors have been really chill so far. I think that it's going to turn out to be a great place for me. Now if I can just get through the last few boxes and get an idea of all the little things I need to buy (found out last night I don't have a can opener) I'll be set...

With the new place comes a new commute. It's a bit longer, takes an hour instead of twenty minutes. But there is an upside to that. I'd pretty much quit reading on the bus since I hardly had time before. I think I'm going to be reading a lot more now though. I've already started on a new book, Cloud Atlas. NESF gave it to me, I think for my birthday, earlier this year. I've been meaning to start it forever because it came highly recommended, but never seemed to get to it. Oh what I have been missing! It's fabulous. I'm only 70 pages in and I'm in love with this book. It's brilliant. I can't wait till I get deeper into it. I get the impression that it will continue to amaze me with each page...

We're drawing very near to the 300th post. I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything special for y'all, but figured I should at least mention it at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment