Thursday, June 18, 2009

On the corner of Penny Lane and Desolation Row

I was talking with an old friend who reminded me of a idea that I used to use when writing. Whenever I would sit down to write I would determine what I was going to write about and then ask myself "how would this be different if it took place at the intersection of Penny Lane and Desolation Row?" For those of you who are familiar with the music pieces you understand how drastically different these two places are and how they are each immensely beautiful in there own way. Any of you who are not familiar I urge you to become so. In a lot of ways this idea helped to form the basis for "drull" and anytime you're not exactly sure what "drull" is just think of that and it might start to make more sense to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment