Thursday, June 18, 2009

I need to learn Arabic

I had a dream last night that I was in Iran. The streets were filled with people in green. Everyone was shouting. I was shouting. I spoke Arabic fluently. I wandered through the masses of people talking with them, learning about why they were there. It seems as though everyone had a different reason. On the edge of the masses I could see police in riot gear lined up. They were assaulting the protesters on the fringe of the mob. However for every person that was injured it seemed that two more joined the cause and the police were losing moral. Nearby there was a car that was burning. A group of young people continually poured crude oil on the vehicle. It was poetic. Now that I'm awake I wish that I still spoke Arabic, because I have no idea what was said to me.



*Note: I realize that it may have been Farsi, but part of me still really thinks it was Arabic.*

No comments:

Post a Comment