Monday, March 30, 2009

I stepped down as president of Antarctica

I'm a huge Modest Mouse fan. So I've decided to compile a list of my favorite lyrics. I think that I'm depressed. Maybe this will help. Probably not...

...and another had been found another ocean on the planet, given that our blood is just like the Atlantic...I wanna live in the city, with no friends or family, I'm gonna look out the window of my color T.V. I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me I'm gonna look out the window of my color T.V...I wrote my name on the sun...My name is you...And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else. And I'm lonesome when you're around. And I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself. And I miss you when you're around...so all of the businessers in their unlimited hell where they buy and they sell and they sell all their trash to each other but they're sick of it all and they're bankrupt on selling...we were laughing at the stars while our feet clung tight to the ground. So pleased with ourselves for using so many verbs and nouns...I've done some things that I want to forget but I can't... can't make it to your wedding, but I'm sure I'm gonna be at your wake...Well the point was fast but it was too blunt to miss, life handed us a paycheck, we said "We worked harder than this!"...I didn't move to the city, the city moved to me and I want out desperately. Can't do it, not even if sober. Can't get that engine turned over...You move your mouth, You shake your tongue, You vibrate my eardrums, You're saying words, But you know I ain't listening...We kiss on the mouth but still cough down our sleeves...It honestly was beautifully done. Like trying to hide the daylight from the sun...One wing isn't even enough. It isn't even enough. It isn't even enough to leave...you had yourself a crazy lover, become froze trying hard to forget her...i push things out through my mouth i get refilled through my ears. I'm on my way to God don't know or even care...It takes a long time, but God dies too but not before he'll stick it to you... We'll get crushed by the ocean, but it will not get us wet...I could have told you all that I love you. And in the places you go, you'll see the place where you're from. I could have told you all that I love you. And in the faces you meet, you'll see the place where you'll die. I could have told you all that I love you. And on the day that you die, you'll see the people you met. I could have told you all that I love you. And in the faces you see, you'll see just who you've been. I wish I could have told you all...And if I had a nickel for every damn dime I'd have half the time, do you mind?...And I said you can't make everybody happy. He said you'd like to at least make yourself happy though...well we didn't need the water, but we just built that good goddamn...The universe works on a math equation that never even ever really even ends in the end...Rows of lights to illuminate lines. Why don't they turn them off and let us see night?...Well I’m fed up and I need to go out of existence or just down the road forever...Laugh hard it's long ways to the bank...someday you will die and somehow something's gonna steal your carbon...Primer gray is the color when you're done dying...Now the blow's been softened, since the air we breathe's our coffin...we carried all the groceries in while hauling out the trash. And if this doesn't make us motionless I do not know what can...I'm in heaven trying to figure out which stack they're going to stuff us atheists into and when Peter and his monkey laugh and i laugh with them. I'm not sure what at...Changed my mind so much I cant even trust it. My mind changed me so much I cant even trust myself...And the televisions on. Go to the grocery store, buy some new friends, and find out the beginning, the end, and the best of it...I stepped down as president of Antarctica. Can't blame me, don't blame me...It's all about the moderate climates. You wanna be blessed and be cursed for sure...if it takes shit to make bliss, well I feel pretty blissfully...Outside naked, shiverin' looking blue, from the cold sunlight that's reflected off the moon...I'm gonna lay down in the spot where they coat you in molasses...Every planned occupation. Surefire disappointment up ahead. Till they treat ya like desert. See mirages of friendship, face turns red...I didn't go to work for a month. I didn't leave my bed for eight days straight. I haven't hung out with anyone. 'Cause if I did, I'd have nothing to say. I didn't feel angry or depressed. I didn't feel anything at all. I didn't want to go to bed. And I didn't want to stay up late...

I guess this isn't really worth reading to anyone else. But for as emo as it may seem it did make me feel a little better in the end. Maybe I just need to focus more on making myself happy and give up on everybody else. Seems that I usually just get fucked in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget: "Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in. Great for solving problems after it creates a problem."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should also mention that.."a ball has no sides"..

    ReplyDelete