Thursday, March 5, 2009

I feel like Santiago Nasar today

I had a wonderful dream about wandering through a forest. There were large sequoias towering above me in every direction. The ground was sparsely covered with small shrubs and other various foliage. A flock of birds flew from tree to tree for no apparent reason other than to observe my movements. There was no one around and I just continued to wander. I awoke to the sound of birds...

The birds were calling from outside my window as the morning sun finally roused my eyelids from sleep. My room was in as much disarray as when I feel asleep. I don't know why I hope it will be different when I wake up, but I always do...

The only pair of pants that I could find were white. I don't usually wear anything white, so I'm not so sure why I own white pants, but I do. They seem to draw attention to me in a way that I'm uncomfortable with, but I never remember that until after leaving my house...

I wasn't going to see the bishop so to speak, but in some respects I was...

When I left my house it was raining in a way that could be remembered as not raining. The soft drizzle of Seattle that I've come to love. As I stepped onto the sidewalk I noticed that there weren't any signs of birds. No songs or squawks. No flutter of movement. It's as if they were never there...

When I reached the bus stop at Rainier and Orcas I expected that the Vicario brothers would be waiting for me. Instead there was no one. And I boarded my morning bus alone for the first time I can remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment