Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The older I get the less people come and the more people go

I haven't been blogging many dreams lately. There is a very good reason for this. I went years without experiencing anything that might be seen as a nightmare. Even the horrific dreams always seemed to have some underlying element of hope. Recently this hasn't been the case. There is a disparity that I can't quite explain. Whatever it is I need to figure it out, because I think it's having a negative impact on my outlook. For instance last night...

I was a solider in Alexander's army. We were in Persia shortly after Alexander died. All of the other men seemed lost, content to simply wander aimlessly. I wanted to get home, but had no idea where home was any more. I left the rest of the troops and started to head west. It was a long and arduous journey. I went for miles and miles without ever seeing another soul. I passed through a variety of settlements, each time I'd get excited to finally talk to someone, but then I'd get to a point just outside the walls to find that no one was left. The majority of them seemed to be abandoned with the exception of the last city I came across. I was somewhere in Egypt at this point, there were pyramids in the distance. The walls around the city were massive and had the gates been shut I'd never had made it in. I started to walk around the abandoned town wondering where everyone was. It was like they all just picked up and left in a hurry. As I got closer to the center of the city I notice smoke rising from a plaza. When I reached the square I keeled over and started to vomit. The smoke was rising from a huge pile of corpses. Despite the fact no one was around it seemed to have been recently ignited as I could still see the flesh melting from the bones. I turned and ran. I kept running. Through the desert. Along the shore. Running. Until I woke up...





No comments:

Post a Comment