Friday, August 27, 2010

Airport Idling

So my part in this journey is about to take off. Literally. I'm waiting for my flight to leave Sea-Tac. It's a bit strange. This is the first red eye flight I've ever taken that is going to be filled to capacity, or so they say.I think I have to believe them because the gate is littered with people. Hopefully I can still get some sleep on the plane, but I'm beginning to realize that might not happen, which could lead to a very interesting day tomorrow. I started this morning at 6:30 so I'm already starting to fade a little.

Its fairly apparent that the majority of the people I'm waiting with are also going to this Beck rally tomorrow, and if I'm right this isn't a good sign about tomorrow. Right now there are 5 different middle aged women staring at me while every once in a while they'll murmur something to their husband. I'm definitely not "one of them" and they are as aware of it as I am. 

Props to NESF for watching over the toms and Swirly for hosting a lil pre-flight pre-funk. Oh yeah! Swirly also hooked it up with a digital camcorder device! Expect lots of video. Probably starting with the of Evan telling a very humorous story about studio life. 

I should also point out that I had no problems at all getting through security. The brother-in-law was convinced I'd get a full strip search; single guy flying one way to DC without any luggage, I guess it could happen. But it didn't. Looks like we're starting to board. We'll see if they have free wifi in Baltimore or on the train to DC. If not it might be tomorrow night before my text post. However keep an eye on the twitter feed as I'll be posted pics of the rally there until I can do a proper post.

Okay now I'm about to go cause a scene. This stupid bitch is not only staring at me but whenever I look up she gives me this horrid look. Imagine the look a dog has right after it vomits but before it decides to eat the vomit. So I send back the stink eye and her husband start muggin'. There is actually one comical point about the whole scenario. Their son seems to be hating his life at the moment and realized this little back and forth between his parents and I. He rolled his eyes back back into his skull and shook his head. We're on the same page. I'm going to wrap this up now and walk around the terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment