Monday, April 26, 2010

Obsessions, irritations and new found love

I'm watching the X-files in chronological order. I was never really into it in the past, but I figured it's about time I give it another chance. Damn. It's so good. I'm almost through the first season and have yet to come across an episode I didn't like. So far my favorite episode has been "Beyond the Sea". The guy they got to play the Boggs was creepy as all hell. I also was into the role reversal they had going on. I'll probably finish the first season tonight. At this rate I'll watch them all in the next couple months. By then it will be time to re-watch Lost or maybe the Outer Limits or Alias. I don't know...

Since my iPod failed a few months ago I've started listening to a lot of Pandora on my phone. I've actually been very pleased with it. I like that I'm able to hear things that I haven't already without having to deal with the bullshit on the radio. It's led to me realizing that I'm a big fan of somethings that I wouldn't have expected. I went through that 80s phase for a while, but that's faded (probably for the best). I guess the two best finds I've come across so far would be Interpol and Eminem. Interpol fills my need for new wave without being over synthesized like most of the 80s stuff I'd been listening to. As for Eminem, I know, "are you serious?" I am very serious. I used to listen to his stuff back in high school. The first two albums have always been a guilty pleasure of mine. However I'm finding that I'm a fan of his newer stuff as well. Not all of it, but enough that I have to give the man credit. Makes me wonder what I'll find next...

Youtube pisses me off. They really need to find a way to regulate the volume. When I decide to listen to a playlist of music I don't want one track to be so quiet I can't hear it and then the next blaring so that they can hear it down in the warehouse. Maybe I'll write an angry letter to Google - haven't done that in a while...

The new obsession is quickly becoming Fishing. I need to go out and get a pole and some tackle. There isn't a day that's gone by in the last month that I haven't thought about how I'd rather be fishing. I finally understand all those shirts/bumper stickers. If anyone else is down let me know. I want to go at least once a week but hopefully it turns out to be more like 3-4 times a week...

1 comment:

  1. I second you on the X-Files. After living with Nathan I know I'm more of a poser than a true X-Files aficionado, but I love that a far out science fiction/fantasy thriller show actually got popular... the first time I know of since Twilight Zone and Outer Limits in the 50s/60s.

    ReplyDelete