Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh where to start...

My bracket's busted. So is everyone else's. I wasn't too serious about mine so I don't feel that badly. At least UW is still in it. I've never been much for basketball in the past. I think it's because I've never really watched NCAA basketball. I find it more entertaining than NBA. It's also shorter so it keeps my attention more...

Healthcare reform passed. I'm happy about that. It's been interesting to see peoples responses. It really highlights how uninformed a lot of people are. (Many still think that it includes the public option) I think that most Americans support the reform, what they don't support is the process. Whatever though. I guess it has two possible outcomes now. It either works and people realize that it's there to protect them from corporate greed or it doesn't and it leads to the collapse of the American empire. Either way I'd see it as a win...

I got a laptop (thanks Dad!!) I'm pretty excited. It's an older one, but it'll do anything I could want it to. I like the fact that I'm going to be able to write in various places without having to retype it later...

Speaking of writing. I just realized that I'm 1/4 of the way through my Metro project. Well I should say an estimated 1/4. I've got 3 chapters down. I'm pretty happy with it all so far. I'm hoping to have a first draft completed by the end of the year. We'll see if that happens...

Horrible experience on the bus this morning. Immediately it was apparent that the shocks on the bus were broken. Every little bump sent everyone flying in the lounge. It made reading extremely difficult. Then to top it off the fallen shock made it so that every time the bus turned it burnt the rubber and caused the bus to fill with the most horrid smell. This then combined with an eccentric woman (possible tweaker) who would laugh maniacally with every bounce and then force conversation with everyone of us. The kind of nonsense I'd expect on the 7 not the 18X...

No comments:

Post a Comment