Monday, December 29, 2008

Snow storms, garbage and body armor

It's been a while so I have a lot to cover. Lets see how much of it I forget...

SEATTLE SNOW STORM!!! That's been the big thing lately. It started during the Ho-down and didn't really let up for a couple weeks. Yesterday is when the big melt began. I couldn't be happier...

During our winter event I didn't really do too much. Worked pretty much everyday, which led to some interesting, or should I just say packed, bus rides. David was a champion and drove me home most of the days...

While holed away in my house we cooked like crazy. Here's some of the foods that were made: lime squares, chex mix (twice), cookies, roast, chicken soup, chili, etc. It was good, we pretty much just spent the whole weekend of the 20th at home baking and trying to stave off cabin fever as best we could...

There has also been a rash of puzzles going on. It started with the creek puzzle. Which led to the boat puzzle. Then the monkey puzzle (damn the monkey). Just when I thought we'd done all the puzzles I have Elizabeth came over last night with a Last Supper puzzle. It's over 3 feet long!!! I may add pictures to this later, but my camera is at home...

The indoor garden is taking shape nicely. I got a bunch of seeds planted, effectively starting phase two. The big light is out now and they're loving it. Well, those that aren't getting burned. I have to look into it a little more. Some of them are thriving, like the jalapenos have double in size, while others aren't doing so well, the Peruvians haven't done anything. In time I'll get it all figured out and we should be able to start the continual harvest around March or April...

Christmas was good. I went out to my Dad's for the eve. It was really pleasant. My sister, brother in law, Joe and I played the game of Life. Joe won because he decided not to go to college. The irony of that game will never get old. We ate chili and tomato soup. It was fabulous. Then my brother and Joe came down and spent the night at my place. Christmas morning my brother made breakfast, which was great, and I put up the indoor garden light with a little help from my friends. That evening I went down to Claudia's with Matt and we ate dinner. She made Cornish Game Hens. So good. Then we just dinked around for a while playing Dangerous Hunts on the wii. All in all a good holiday...

Not much else going on in my life. Now for a couple other things...

Dear Seahawks, As if this year wasn't bad enough for Seattle sports fans, we had to watch you. Step up your game next year...

Larry Craig tourists now is the time. They're beginning to see a slow in bathroom tourism at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport so now is your chance to get out and see where it all went down!....

The garbage is pilling up. It's pretty gross. I just want them to finally take it all away...

Israel is bombing Gaza, again...

And one last thing for all you out there that believe teaching abstinence and not responsiblity in school is the way to go, click here. I personally don't understand why the current administration has taken the course they have. It's like sending our troops in Iraq into heavy fire without body armor because they took a pledge to not get shot...

No comments:

Post a Comment