Saturday, December 6, 2008

A couple of quick political points..

I think that Carolyn Kennedy would be a great replacement for Hillary Clinton. The last thing that I want to see is Bill take over her seat. Something about that just doesn't sit right with me...

A little rant about Sarah Palin and the Big 3. Its come to light that Palin's stylists earned $165,000. That's just in nine weeks!!! That's over $2600 a day! This is just as bad as the Big 3 executive all flying their private jets to washington with their hand out. Personally I'd like to see all this money thats being wasted in American turned over to reputable non profits. I know Sarah's hair might look flat and the execs are going to have to drive themselves to DC, but think of the good that could come from that kind of money. Homeless shelters, job training, education, just to name a few...

Just one more. As for our current budget defeicit in Washington State, I have the perfect idea to help. Legalize Marijuana. I know I know, it's hippie bullshit, but here me out. Illegal marijuana is our state's 6th largest cash crop, above cherries. And that's just what they find! Now if we legalize it and control in the same way we control our liquor there is a fortune to be made by the state. Sales alone would be huge, not to mention the reduction in costs of trials and jailing for misdemeanor crimes. Just a thought...

1 comment:

  1. A quick response to your Palin rant. Unlike the Big 3 I haven't heard that Gov. Palin or the RNC has been coming to Me (American Tax Payer) for a bailout. What private business does (that's legal) is the their business. Atleast I hope so.

    ReplyDelete