Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I've found that when some people don't like my answer they will pause, for a long time...

I left work yesterday around 530. The sun was hot, but I decided to walk to QFC. Rainier was the usual wasteland. Fast food burger wrappers and plastic bottles lined the street for miles. As I was passing a small hardware store a woman, not too far away, let out a slight squeak and pointed in my direction. I gave her a quizzical look and pointed at myself as if asking a question. She replied with a smile and then waved before turning to head up the road. The grocery store was full of people. Everyone eager to please their family by bringing home the perfect meal. I weaved in and out of the displays and aisles, hoping my stay would go unnoticed, which it did. I left with my paper bag of meat and potatoes. The bus was pulling up to McClelland the same time I did, we were both stopped by a red light. The light turned green and we both moved into the intersection. The bus reached the stop before I did giving people time to exit the coach. As I reached the shelter I noticed that a young woman was sitting on the bench burning a plastic comb. Her eys moved wildly around the shelter as the smoke danced around her. I couldn't tell if she was intoxicated by the fumes or some other mind bending drugs. But for those few seconds that I observed her before boarding the bus she was beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment