Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"You keep the sunshine, save me the rain"

Summer is officially over in Seattle and I love it. We're back in the mid-50s to mid-60s with a slight drizzle, just like it should be. In honor of this occassion I've broken out the Modest Mouse. It's bringing me great happiness...

So there's a lot of talk about this whole Quran burning in Florida. This one is a little touchy because they have every right to burn the Quran or any book they want. If we allow the burning of our own flag how could we deny someone the right to burn a book? With that being said, just because you can doesn't mean that you should. However I don't think it's going to be terribly effective to have members of the current administration demonize the act. In the end I think that's just going to make them want to do it even more...

My mom has been uploading a bunch of old pictures and amongst them there was a gem. This is me when I was little representing the "Revenge of the Jedi" shirt. I have an uncle who worked for ILM when they were doing Star Wars and had access to some pre-release merchandise before they finalized the name. Unfortunately I don't still have the outfit and if I did I don't think it would fit too well. At least I have the picture now.

Jedi Knight in training
I'm proud to say that I've never watched the Jersey Shore. Not even a clip or advertisement. In today's society I count that as a major win....

1 comment: