Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NPR, Hooligans and "False Priest"

I love NPR! Among so many other things they always seem to have the best music streaming before it comes out. I never used to understand why people would donate money to public media (PBS, NPR, etc). Now I've found myself doing it a few times and I'm sure will many more times in my life. I also understand why old people hate teenagers. Damn hooligans. Always out causing trouble and disrupting the peace. Like these kids on the bus today, all hooting and hollering, talking foul and making the scene generally unpleasant. I wish someone would've just shaken them until...But I digress.

Right now NPR is streaming the new of Montreal album "False Priest". I've long been a fan of their work. You may remember I wasn't a huge fan of their last one at first, that is not the case here. I'm loving everything about this right now and I've only listened to the first ten minute. I'm seriously about to start a one man dance party. As NPR said, "The latest release from of Montreal can be summed up in a word: Bonkers." And that's an understatement. Listen to it. Seriously.

False Priest Cover Art
I might have to live blog this one.

1 comment: