Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Requiem for a Coffee Mug

It's finally happened. I knew this day would come, but naively hoped it never would. My coffee mug is broken. You remember the one. It was perfect in every way. I'm really distraught about this right now. It's like I lost a friend. For years it's been a permanent fixture in my life. I can say with certainty I've never put my lips on anything as many times as I had with that coffee mug. I don't know what to do with myself now. I'm currently drinking out of a ceramic mug with my companies logo and every drink is like a dagger in my heart. The worst part is that no matter how hard I look I doubt I'll ever find another as good as what I had. I have to end this before I start crying. I just need to try to remember the good times.



A ceremony will be held by the tracks this evening at 5:30. Feel free to come by and pay your respects. The service won't be long since I have a previously scheduled engagement with Girl Talk. 

1 comment:

  1. This really made my day...maybe my month so far...

    ReplyDelete