Friday, December 11, 2015

Fortnight; or "Missing a fictional flight"

The moon is an incredible thing, both cyclical and constant. The moon will be new at 10:29 am Friday December 11th. This is a welcome change. Thanksgiving brought about the full Beaver Moon, which has not treated me well. Perhaps the Cold Moon will be different. I guess we'll know in two weeks...

Last night I was late to catch a plane. I was frantically trying to pack for a weekend trip to Chicago. I couldn't figure out what to pack so I started loading duffle bags into a suitcase. Our flight was only 90 minutes away and we'd still not left West Seattle when I realized my ID was still at the bar from the night before. I ran the two miles to recover the identification to find that the junction was in the middle of some sort of winter street fair. Shortly after we caught a bus to the airport. The driver was sympathetic to the situation and decided to take us directly to the terminal with no other stops. I was already on the tram when I realized I had forgotten my boarding pass. Then I fell asleep. I woke up at a bus station outside the airport. The possibility of catching my flight was all but gone at this point. I lit a cigarette and took a moment as I walked back towards the terminals. There was a scene in the parking garage where the elevator took me to the wrong floor. I was running through the halls, bags falling out of my suitcase. I finally made it to my flight, tired and wheezing from all the running. "Cutting it a little close aren't we sir?" "I can't believe I made it!" "I'll just need to see your boarding pass." I'd never went back to get one...



In 2007, as a christmas gift, a friend adopted an Orca for me through the WWF. I have a certificate on the wall in my office to remind me of this. I often wonder if my Orca is still alive or how many other people "adopted" the same one....

Jai guru deva om.,..



No comments:

Post a Comment